If interested: contact Siméon Michel [email protected]
FARI – AI for the Common Good Institute (ULB-VUB) is looking for a Research Intern.
What is FARI
FARI is an independent, not-for-profit Artificial Intelligence initiative led by two universities in Brussels: the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) and the Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB). This initiative will aim at helping citizens, politicians and companies as well as not-for-profit organizations to address local, every day or long-term challenges in the Brussels-Capital Region, Belgium and Europe. It brings world-leading and future researchers to the service of the city. It reinforces a virtuous circle: the city encounters problems that FARI can help address with projects that in their turn could lead to major scientific advances, especially in the field of AI (Explainable and Trustworthy), Data (Open) and Robotics (human-centric).
What is the FARI Test and Experience Center
Fari Test and Experience center is an exhibition space located in BeCentral. It showcases demonstrations around AI and robotics. It’s goal is to vulgarise AI to the general public.
- To achieve its mission of vulgarising AI to the general public, more especially to brussel citizens, Fari Test and Experience center is building demonstrators of how AI is used in brussels.
- In that context you would choose a use case of AI usage in brussels and work towards building an educational demonstrator around it. (ex : AI is used for license plate recognition for pollution standards enforcement)
- You would work with the technical coordinator of the Test and Experience Center and with a research group to jointly develop a demonstrator around the choosen use case.
- You would also with Fablab orange to build the physical pieces of the demonstrator.
What is expected from you (expertise & experience)
- Good knowledge of different AI techniques (especially in the computer vision field)
- Good problem-solving ability
- Eager to learn in a multidisciplinary environnement
Skills and competence
- Good knowledge of a ML-oriented programming language (preferably python)
- Knowledge of a machine learning framework (preferably pytorch)